The Elivated Life
Spice Village is the essence of a mountain tribal village, re-imagined for the modern independent traveller. A tribute to ancient ways of life. And to one man’s patience and passion.The comforts of a modern hotel exist, but they never intrude. Modern plumbing, comfortable beds and hot showers find their place, but in a setting stripped down to its natural essence.
- Expert naturalists are on hand to accompany you and answer your questions
- A warm afternoon by the lakeside
- A gentle current today, through the river has many moods!
- A denizen of Periyar greets the morning
- Coursing through the river, enveloped in fog and mist
- The herd on the move
- Pre-lunch or post massage, there’s always a good reason for a dip
- Sling chairs, stone paths and forest sounds
- All the comforts of home amidst the wilderness
- Spice Village interiors are warm, woody and of course, ecologically sensitive
- Relaxing can be a lot of hard work – the bed beckons invitingly
- These packed earth yards are similar to those found in local villages
- A breezy park